Advanced Life Support (ALS) Recertification Training
Duration: 1 Day
What does the ALS Recertification course offer?
The Advanced Life Support (ALS) course is designed for healthcare professionals who would be expected to apply the skills taught as part of their clinical duties, or to teach them on a regular basis.
ALS recertification courses can only be taken by healthcare professionals who hold a valid Resuscitation Council UK ALS provider certificate, or are within twelve months of their certificate expiry date. If more than a year has passed since the original certificate expirey, the candidate must complete the longer 2 day ALS, or 1-day e-ALS course.
The ALS course programme consists of lectures, workshops, skill stations and cardiac arrest simulations (i.e. CASTeach). All candidates on our ALS course will benefit from registration on the RC(UK) Learning Management System (LMS), allowing them access to learning content, pre-course multiple choice questionnaires, course evaluations and post course certificates.
What will you learn?
The ALS course makes use of the following practical and lectures and scenarios throughout the course:
- Recognition and prevention of deterioration using the ABCDE approach
- The causes and prevention of cardiac arrest
- Post-resuscitation care
Practical Stations & Workshops
- Associated Resuscitation Skills including IO
- The deteriorating patient (ABCDE approach)
- Rhythm Recognition
- High quality CPR and Defibrillation (Cardiac Arrest Simulation Teach and Test)
- Assessing and treating bradycardia
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Recognise and treat the deteriorating patient using a structured ABCDE approach
- Deliver standardised CPR in adults
- Manage a cardiac arrest by working with a multidisciplinary team in an emergency situation
- Utilise non-technical skills to facilitate strong team leadership and effective team membership
Assessment, Certification & CPD Points
Continuous assessment occurs throughout the ALS course, based on clinical simulations that allow candidates to demonstrate the core competencies they have been taught.
Successful candidates receive a Resuscitation Council (UK) ALS provider certificate, which is valid for 4 years.
The ALS course is recognised for up to 10 continuing professional development (CPD) points.
Other ALS courses with Back to Life
We also provide the 1 day e-ALS course. Although slightly longer than a recertification course by 1-3 hours, the e-ALS was created to allow candidates to achieve their ALS provider status in a single day, even if they have never attended ALS training in the past.
Due to the short nature of the course, the e-ALS is also ideal for candidates who wish to re-certify their ALS status and participate in additional learning sessions. This can be particularly useful if you do not regularly use the skills taught on the ALS as part of your clinical role.
You are being taken to our external booking site, powered by Arlo.